Users have two choices for saving a file or an email attachment when using Google Chrome; with or without selecting a download location. If you would like to choose where your files are downloaded each time, then no changes are necessary in Chrome as this is enabled by default. If you prefer to have all file downloads automatically go to your downloads folder, or a folder of your choice, with no pop up windows, follow the steps below:
- With Chrome open, select the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and select Settings
- Now that the settings tab is open, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page until you see the word Advanced, click it.
- Continue scrolling down the page until you reach the Downloads section
- Toggle the option to turn off 'Ask where to save each file before downloading'
- You now will no longer be prompted to ask where to save ANY files when downloading in the Chrome browser
Note: If you would like to choose where your files are downloaded each time, then no changes are necessary in Chrome
Change the download save location
By default, all downloads will be stored in the downloads folder on the computer. If you would like to change this location, follow all the above instructions, but instead click the Change button, and select the new desired location.