Touch and pens no longer work on Windows devices with SMART software installed and connected to a SMART board.
This can be due to several issues including:
- Your staff H: drive is full or very close to being full. SMART Notebook needs to save data files to operate correctly. If the H drive is full, this will prevent SMART from working correctly.
- Windows Updates need to be applied, finishing being applied, or requires a computer restart to finish updating.
USB cable from the SMART Board to the docking station or computer isn't plugged in.
- Pen tray isn't plugged in or recognized.
- Board needs to be re-calibrated.
Here are some items to try to resolve the issue:
- Restarting the computer is known to resolve the issue in most of the cases.
- Apply Windows updates if you are getting notified that there are software updates available. Once it is finished, restart your computer.
- If your H drive is full, clear up some space. After clearing up some space, then a restart may be needed in order for the SMART Board to establish a connection.
- Calibrate the SMART Board.
- Verify the USB cable is plugged into the board, as well as, the docking station or a USB port on the computer.
Verify the pen tray's cables are plugged in.
- If you have a SMART Board model with a power cable, unplug and plug it back in.
If none of the above resolved the issue, please open a SMART Board Issue request.