Staff Windows 10 version 1809 Upgrade
Technology Services utilizes the “Software Center” for Application deployments,Windows Updates and Operating System updates on District computers. Staff can view available applications, updates and operating system upgrades by visiting the Software Center application on their Windows PC.
All District Desktops and Laptops need to be updated to Windows 10 version 1809.
The update process takes approximately 2 hours and your laptop needs to remain in your building during the update. Ideally the laptop should be docked in a docking station. If you do not have access to a docking station overnight, the laptop will need to be plugged to a charger before starting the update. Once the update has started, you can lock your screen and let the process run. The Technology Services Team recommends you start the update at the end of your work day.
The update should finish running overnight and your device will be ready the following morning. Please note your first time logging in to your machine after the update will take a few minutes longer than normal.
Any software applications that were previously installed will still be available on your computer after the Windows version update.
To start the Windows 10 version 1809 update you will need to open Software Center.
1. To open Software Center click the Start Button and begin typing Software Center. Then click and open Software Center from the search results.
2. Before continuing with the update ensure that there are no other updates pending by clicking on the Updates tab. If there are updates listed install them and follow any prompts. You may need to restart your computer for the updates to finish installing. Once the Updates tab is clear of available updates move to step 3 below.
3. Click the Operating Systems tab and then click Feature Update to 1809 (May 2019).
4. Click the Install button.
5. Click the Install button.
6. The Windows 10 version 1809 update installation will now begin. You can now lock (Windows key + L) your screen. The update should finish running overnight and your device will be ready the following morning. If for any reason you receive a failure message or the update did not complete, please checkout a loaner staff laptop to enter a Support Request in the Support Center via https://sso.ipsd.org and use until your laptop has been repaired.