Open Skype for Business
1. To open Skype for Business click the Start Button and find Skype for Business in your apps or click the Start Button and begin typing Skype for Business. Then click and open Skype for Business from the search results.
Sign in to Skype for Business
- Enter your school account.
- Enter your password.
- Select the Save my password check box if you'd like Skype for Business to save your password, so you don't have to enter it each time you sign in.
Select Sign In.
Find and add a contact
Connect with people in your organization.
- On the Contacts tab, in the Find someone box, type a name or email address.
- In the search results, right-click the person you want to add, and select Add to Contacts List.
Select the contact group you want to add the person to, if you have contact groups set up.
When you add a person to your contact list, they receive a notification. External contacts must accept your invitation before you can see their availability.
Start an Instant Message (IM)
1. On the Contacts tab, right-click a contact's picture, and then select Send an IM.
To add others, select Invite More People in the upper-right corner.
Tip: To IM with multiple people, you can also press Ctrl and select each contact. Then right-click and select Send an IM.
2. Type your message.
3. Select Send or press Enter.