*** Applies to most Windows 10 laptops and desktops some devices may not be compatible due to hardware limitations.
How to Turn Your Personal Computer into a Wireless Display
Enable "Projecting to this PC" on your second device (laptop or desktop) to use as a second display.
- Press Windows Key + K key together
- The sidebar will show, click on "Projecting to this PC”
Match the settings below.
Available everywhere - Wireless "Projecting to this PC" is always available.
Every time a connection is requested - A window pop up to allow connection as wireless display.
Never - Toggle switch to enforce pin or not to enforce pin
Off - you can toggle this setting on an off to disable discovery if the unit is not plugged in to power.
PC Name – just take note of this name. It will come up later in this document.
Connect to your second display using your first device (laptop or desktop).
- Press Windows Key + K key together on your district laptop
- Allow time for your PC name to show in the list.
- Click on your computer name and connect, click on “change projection mode” to extend.
- Click extend to extend to the second screen (laptop screen). Windows + P will bring these options back to select, duplicate or extend.