Teachers will set up their own schedule for parent teacher conferences.
- Select Parent Conferences from the Home menu
- Set Conference Setup to ‘Parents Choose’.
PLEASE NOTE: When ‘Parents Choose’ is selected, you will see a message underneath the Conference Setup section explaining that you can make times unavailable. That will be discussed in Step 6 below.
- Select the date of your conferences, the start/end times for the day and the standard duration of each conference:
- In the Location field, copy the link of your Zoom meeting for that date.
PLEASE NOTE: THE RECOMMENDATION IS TO CREATE ONE ZOOM MEETING FOR EACH DAY, AND ADMIT PARENTS AT THEIR DESIGNATED TIME.
- When the setup components (parents choose, date, start time, end time, duration and Zoom link) are configured, click Save Conference.
- Once the schedule is created, teachers can mark time unavailable for breaks, meals, etc. Simply check the box for the time(s) to be made unavailable, and click the green button to save changes.
PLEASE NOTE: The ‘delete’ button here is used to delete the conference schedule for the date displayed. If chosen, you will delete the schedule, as well as any scheduled conferences.
- When parents begin to schedule, if the teacher revisits the Parent Conference screen, you will see who is scheduled at what time. Please see ‘CNF401: Teacher Print’ to get a printout of the schedule.
Teachers can make comments on the schedule or reschedule a parent as needed.
- Click the reschedule button and give the parent a different time for the conference.
- Type in any reminders or comments
PLEASE NOTE: Any comments entered ARE viewable by parents in ParentVUE!!!