Functionality check of a Chromebook webcam and microphone.
1. Click on the App Launcher circle and type "Camera".
2. Click on the Camera App.
3. Camera App will open, then click on Video.
4. Click the Record button, Repeat this phrase " If I can see myself and hear myself then the camera and mic work just fine! ", Stop the recording by pressing the same Record button
5. Open the video you just recorded by clicking on the circle at the bottom right of the Camera App.
6. Click the Play button once your video opens. If you hear yourself and see yourself your camera and mic are ok.
If you made it to step 6 your webcam and microphone are likely functional.
- As a last and final step please try to reset your chromebook this may fix camera related issues.
- If you still can not see or hear yourself please submit a Chromebook repair help desk ticket.